Thursday, August 25, 2011

End of Summer

The summer is winding down for us here on the East Coast of the USA. The temperature is hovering in the 70s, and the air has that crispness to it that we all recognize as the very beginning of autumn. This is there perfect time to begin new projects, or finish up older ones we kept putting off during those hot, lazy summer days. For my part, I am starting this long-awaited blog. The idea has been brewing in the back of my mind for months now, and this seems to be the ideal time to bring it to fruition.

When I googled "end of summer" most of the sites that popped up were concerning the start of school. This is high on everyone's mind, even if they are no longer in school and have no children. There's just something about fall that instantly brings us all back to those first few days of school where so many possibilities surrounded us, along with the smell of new pencils and erasers. Though school was not always (and some years rarely) fun and exciting, we all have a romantic memory in our hearts of those days gone by.

With the summer heat gone and the energy of autumn returning, let's act on those ideas that we once entertained perhaps only for a moment.

My plan with this blog is to bring to light all that I have swirling around in my head. With so many interests and pursuits I'm sure that my writing will touch on and connect with some of your ideas and interests as well. I want to write about politics, family, nature, do-it-yourself projects, and much more. Perhaps somewhere in there we can share a common interest and these ideas will grow and spread. My happiest moment will be when I have brought some inspiration to the life of someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment